The CDFM Program
Propel your career forward as a Certified Defense Financial Manager (CDFM)!
The American Society of Military Comptrollers (ASMC) offers the Certified Defense Financial Manager (CDFM) educational program and certification designation to those persons desiring to demonstrate proficiency in the core aspects of defense financial management.
Take the next step forward in your career with the Certified Defense Financial Manager ™ (CDFM ™) certification. As the only test-based certification focused exclusively on the field of defense financial management, this credential helps you stand apart!
With its rigorous and thorough requirements, the highly-regarded CDFM:
• Equips you for the next level in your professional journey
• Demonstrates your commitment to excellence and your drive to succeed
• Adds a valuable credential to your resume that can be used both in DoD and the public sector
• Prepares you to lead your organization into the future
In addition, it is DOD-approved. The CDFM is one of the DOD-approved test-based certifications recommended for individuals with DFMCP Certification Levels 2 and 3. It is also one of only five certifications designated by the DOD as an alternative to fulfill the DFMCP requirement!
Get started today to enhance your career opportunities. ASMC members receive a substantial discount on initial enrollment in the CDFM Program.
• Download the cost-free CDFM Candidate Handbook.
• Make sure you meet the eligibility and experience requirements outlined in the Candidate Handbook
• Enroll in the CDFM Program
• Candidates have four years to complete their CDFM examination requirements
If you are interested in becoming a CDFM candidate, please visit our parent site for the steps and qualifications.
How Our Chapter Stacks Up
We currently have 74 active CDFMs and 15 CDFM-As!!! A list of our CDFMs and CDFM-As can be found here.